Friday 31 May 2013

Journey of Irish Brother Eamon to Islam

Amazing story of brother Eamon  from Ireland who reverted to Islam. Indeed if Allah wills he can guide anyone the way he wants. Brother Eamon reverted to Islam on his own without meeting a single Muslim brother or sister, but from YouTube videos and reading online Qur'an. Read further how Islam helped him to mend his ways.

I'm Eamon , from Derry in Ireland. This is my story to Islam. I'm 24 now, when I was a kid I used to steal a lot. It was normal to do such things with my friends. In fact we would laugh about it then go and buy some drugs and get high. I would steal from churches, family, school and stores and places like that. I with another friend once stole fireworks from a shop and went up to the church and caused a couple thousand pounds worth of damage. We got caught for it. The priest brought us back to the chapel and into his little house beside it to question us. We did not mind so we put our feet up on his table and eat some of the sweets we also stole. I think I must have been around my 5 year in primary school then.

 I used to run around with people a lot older than myself so I was into heavy drugs very early. LSD in primary school for example. As I got into secondary school things seemed to get worse, I would skip school and get high a lot. Education at the time meant very little to me. I was always very nervous and shy. The first couple days into my last year at school I got threw out with two other friends.

 As school was over for me early I did not do nothing until the next year. I went to some useless course that wasted another two years. After that it was just partying every weekend. Sometimes I would go out on Thursday and come home on a Monday, coming in and out of the house for change of clothes or to get washed and stuff. But I was living a lie, I was empty inside. I used to just cry for no reason and I didn't know why. I would just wake up in the morning sometimes and just cry uncontrollably.

 By this stage I think I was just drinking and smoking to die. I would try overdose on prescription drugs. It was around this time Allah Most Great showed me the way.When I was in secondary school they gave everyone a bible. I of course at that time threw it behind my back in my room in some boxes out of the way. I then found it and started to read some for a half hour everyday until I eventually started to believe in it. Alhamdulillah. I was also looking at the twin towers on YouTube quite a lot and I was convinced that it wasn't what it seemed to be. I then started to read the Quran from the internet every night and I knew it was truthful. Alhamdulillah. And just by watching videos on YouTube of good brothers and sisters I ended up saying the shahada and confirming my belief.Also if I might add when I used to like doing what was wrong I would say to my friends that there was no God.

 I remember once when I was putting my clothes out on the line, it started to rain so I brought them in and then it stopped so I brought them back out again, and then it rained again and I remember shaking my fist in the sky at my Lord in rage saying some things which I would not repeat again. So maybe after all I did believe and it was just arrogance holding me back.

I'm a Muslim now for around 3 years and I think I have only spoken to one Muslim on the street. That was in a kebab shop in the town where I finally got some Halal food. AlhamduillahI thank Allah for showing me the way and I pray he saves those who believe and are true to themselves. And I pray he guides those who do not believe but have some good in them, but will not come to the light threw fear.Today's world is difficult for every individual in different ways. But if we keep hold of the rope of Allah with even one hand there is a way out.Thank you for taking time to read my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment