Friday 29 September 2017

Trump's Election Led me to Islam


Trump's Election Led me To Islam
-Micheal Cummings


My name is Michael Cummings, but am changing my name too Ubaidah. This is my story of reverting/converting to Islam.
Well I was raised Baptist in rural Kentucky. But I’ve always been different from my family, especially when it comes to wanting to learn about other cultures. Both of my brothers joined the military and have since both moved on to other career fields after serving in Iraq.
Well one of them is now homeland security and in college to be a Christian preacher. But I had strayed away from Christianity after I started to question the Bible and couldn’t get answers from any preachers, so I started to seek the truth of religion.
I looked into everything from Mormon to Rastafarian, but during the election of trump and all the  hatred that came with it, it peaked my interest to find out what Muslims actually believe because all I really knew was what you see on TV and movies.
So I proceeded to research and to ask Muslims what they believe and I ordered a Quran and just started to read.
Everything I learned about Islam just made sense to me. So I decided to tell my mom I was converting to Islam, she was not happy (still isn’t). Then she decided to take it upon her self to call my homeland security/preacher brother and tell him.
So that obviously didn’t go over well. Pretty much everybody I’ve known my whole life see me as an enemy now, but by losing a few family members I gained about 1.7 billion new brothers and sisters.
I am also giving dawah to all my friends and have a few that are very close to accepting Islam Insha’Allah.
I just pray that Allah continues to guide me and my friends and maybe even my family one day.
Allah Akbar.

2 comments:

  1. Very grateful, you what my brother in faith,when I got the perfect seen now days is as if you are holding aburning charcoal, keep on learning your Deen it's astraigh way to GOD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Online Academy Arabic language, Quran Pak memorizing Quran Pak hifz Nazra Reading Listening Tafseer Quran Pak and translation, English language,English grammar, Maths, Urdu language and Islamic knowledge center
    Male and female teachers available in my academy
    Physics mathematics management marketing Human resources management statistics
    Online classes via Skype WhatsApp IMO five days classes per week
    Contact me on WhatsApp number +923065015322

    ReplyDelete